20081011

Isa gunning for vice president's post

NILAI, FRI:

Former Negeri Sembilan Menteri Besar Tan Sri Mohd Isa Abdul Samad today announced his intention to contest the post of Umno vice president at the party polls in March.

He said the decision was made after a deep thought. He added that he wanted to continue the service he was unable to carry out despite party delegates giving the mandate in the 2004 election.

“Insya Allah, with the little experience that I have in the party and I considering myself among senior leaders in the party, I hereby offer myself to stand in the contest as a vice president.

“I hope to get nominations and support from the delegates in divisional meetings which began yesterday,” he told reporters here.

Present were Linggi and Bagan Pinang assemblymen Datuk Ismail Taib and Azman Mohammad Noor and about 30 supporters.

No comments:

Alexa Traffic Rank

Subscribe to dunia-politik

Subscribe to dunia-politik
Powered by groups.yahoo.com