20081011

Razaleigh says he would not leave Umno even if he loses contest for top post

KOTA BARU:

Gua Musang Member of Parliament Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah said he would not leave Umno should he lose the contest for the Umno president’s post in March next year.

“I will accept the verdict. I am a life member of Umno. I am offering myself for the Umno president's post as I notice that no one dares to come forward.

“I feel duty-bound to help restore the Malays’ confidence in Umno. I am worried that if we do not correct restore the confidence, Umno will be rejected in the next general election,” he said today.

Razaleigh hoped his clarification would put to rest rumours that he would leave Umno and join forces with Pakatan Rakyat to form a coalition government.

No comments:

Alexa Traffic Rank

Subscribe to dunia-politik

Subscribe to dunia-politik
Powered by groups.yahoo.com